Thursday, August 9, 2012

Announcing: The Think Christmas Blog Hop Winner!

Thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit during the Think Christmas Blog Hop.  Wasn't that fun?  Lesley and Madame Samm did a GREAT job of putting together a wonderful hop, and I, for one, am inspired to get started on my Christmas sewing.

I had so much fun reading about your favorite Christmas traditions.  I am so grateful you all shared such precious memories with me.  So many of them sparked memories of my own Christmases.   It was a marvelous trip down memory lane as I tried to respond to all your comments.  Thank you so much for sharing.



So are you ready to pick a winner?  We had 183 comments on this post and 16 on FB, making a total of 199, so I asked Mr. RNG to pick a winner for us.  He picked


Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
59 
Timestamp: 2012-08-10 03:03:55 UTC

who is

I am a new follower now! My favorite family tradition was wrapping last minute gifts on Christmas Eve. My mom would always give me my sister's gifts to wrap and she would have to wrap mine. I'd go into my own bedroom, put on A Christmas Story, and do that:) Still to this day I think back fondly on that although my sister lives in CO with my 7 y/o niece and I have my own family and home now.

This particular tradition reminded me of a time when one of my daughters was about 12 and was left to babysit her siblings as mom and dad went Christmas shopping or to a holiday party or something.  She usually helped at Christmas by wrapping all the gifts except her own.  Apparently this was a boring (and very quiet) evening because she unwrapped every gift, tried on all the clothing, examined everything else, then wrapped it all back up and put it under the Christmas tree.  

But of course, when Christmas morning came, there were almost no surprises for her and she didn't enjoy it very much.  I remember thinking that I hadn't done a very good job on her gifts that year.  She was well into adulthood before she shared what really happened on that Christmas so long ago.  The memory always gives me a good laugh.  To this day, this particular daughter swears she doesn't like surprises, but you should see her go after her stocking on Christmas morning.



Aiah23, you are a apparently a "no-reply" blogger.  Please email me your mailing address and I will get your lovely DS Quilts fabric off in the mail to you.  If I don't hear from you by the end of the day tomorrow, I will choose a new winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!